Only have a day or two – grab it and let’s go!
Foolish Things …
Make Waves …
Culinary Carvings …
Eat Chocolate – stop at Joel’s Confection For Any Occasion and pick your favorites.
Eat cheese from Widmer’s Cheese Cellar.
One of the last to make hand-crafted cheeses.
Visit an old fashion meat locker and buy one of there award winning homemade sausage products at LeRoy Meats in Horicon.
Don’t forget your favorite wine – big selection at Mountin’s Piggly Wiggly in Mayville.
How about ice cream at the Ice Cream Station in Horicon
Birds – Birding – Birdwatching ?!@#
Just get out and enjoy the many trails located in and around the Horicon Marsh. Different birds for different habitats. Do the floating boardwalk off Hwy 49 – Old Marsh Road open June thru August, Sat & Sun for walking or bicycling. Pick up a map at Blue Heron Landing before you get started. Maybe you would like to have a guide go along on your walk or when you are out paddling
Plan B …
- Maybe antiquing is your thing. Here are some of my favorites…Columbus Antique Mall, Waterloo Antiques Mall & Artisan’s Gallery and Beaver Dam Antique Mall.
- Schauer Arts & Activities Center - Hartford
- Charter Raceway Park - Beaver Dam
Junkers Paradise !!!
Wander around in search of some great finds all under one roof.
- Bethesda Thrift shop – Horicon
No Dishes to Wash …
- Start your day with breakfast at Mother’s Day Restaurant in Horicon, opens at 6:00am – or not. Evening suggestions; Ginger’s Hide-Away, Horicon – Marsibilio’s, Mayville - Beaumont Restaurant, Mayville
- Great Friday night fish fry at Rock River Tap in Horicon
- Celtic Crossroads Cafe - Live Well, Eat Healthy – in Mayville
No Beds to Make …
- Cozy home-like feeling stay at The Mayville Inn
- If it’s an historic B & B you want then overnight at The Honeybee Inn B & B
Special Events … 2013
- Music at the Market in Horicon – June thru August – Wed. at 6pm
- Jersey Street Music Festival in Horicon – June 15 – 11:00am – 9:30pm
- 50 yrs of Freedom Machines w/John Deere – July 26 – 28
- Dodge County Fair Hwy 33 between Horicon & Beaver Dam – August 14 – 18
- Labor Day Celebration in Horicon
- Autumn Art on the Marsh in Horicon – Sept. 22, 10:00 am – 4:00pm
- Audubon Days in Mayville – Oct. 4 – 6
Have questions – need more info – call Gayl at 920.485.4663 and I’ll be happy to help.